ThomHartmann

Saturday, September 23, 2006

Get Paid to Drink Coffee! Join Free Today!

Letter from Bill

Hi Ron,

I don't need you to give me explainations on anything, just assurance that you understand why you were banned and that you wont continue that type of behavior. If you don't understand why you got banned or dont feel you should change how you behave at the forums then there is no sense in me going to bat for you. It all boils down to knowing how to attack the idea and not the person. The truth is, you can attack the person better by attacking the idea, if you do it right and never risk getting banned. I used to do it quite a bit, but it takes a lot more thought than just calling someone an asshole or a retard. I too have been guilty of attacking the person, so has virtually everyone at the boards, but you probably did it more and more effectively than the rest, so people complained. Now that you have been banned, if you get reinstated you will be under the microscope, especially by those you got you banned in the first place. You will have to be on your best behavior while they will probably try to goad you into a flame war. Knowing this ahead of time gives you the advantage and you can choose not to play their game. If they continue to harrass you you can report them. Hopefully it wont get to that.

Anyway Thom is away from the boards for a while so I'm not sure when this will get resolved but I figure within a week.

All the best.

Bill

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home