ThomHartmann

Sunday, September 24, 2006

Get Paid to Drink Coffee! Join Free Today!

Ren...

On another note about cross fertilization, I left behind on the Hartmann Board some discussions I'd developed -- and I want to include Kate here, because we communicated off board and coordinated our efforts in some instances -- with the idea of putting together a broader global view of what might be called the "dominant world paradigm" (and a little cross fertilzation here, what Chris has recently called on another thread: The White Man's view). I began to do that consciously last January with the Unitary Executive Theory thread. My vision with that was to explore through dialog how a major legal transformation of the executive branch was related to building a stronger more unified and insular presidency that could have greater control over the government bureaucracies thus contribuiting to the unilateral principles we have seen exagerated (though certainly not initiated) by the Bush Administration. The current Middle East nightmare being one.

That project really got off well, a lot of people kicked in, and then it got plagued with the focus of Ruther-ford and Oganthor. Kate did a lot to distract them, including starting three more threads, and we as a team did manage to get the gist of it developed. In regards to cross fertilization, I am talking in this instance about bringing a cross fertilzation of those things left behind at Hartmann's to this board as the need arises. So not just cross thread ferilization but cross board fertilization, because we have all left stuff behind.

For the big picture view of Chris's "White Man's View" I'd like to use concepts involving geopolitics and geostrategy. If anyone is not familiar with the terms, a good essay that introduces them and how they relate to the current world chessboard is this essay by Heinberg:

The US and Eurasia: End Game for the Industrial Era?

http://www.richardheinberg.com/museletter/132



So I just want to raise a little consciousness about that issue and see where it might go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home