Poly is an idiot and a liar.
Gen wasn't on the Board at the time. And the other right wing economic cheer leaders (including a trained economist) were busily denouncing gold and projecting on-going prosperity. They read growing inventories as confidence in growing consumer demand. I read growing inventories as a lack of consumer demand...sales. They read economic data one way...I read it another. Guess I was right, wasn't I?Basically lying like normal.
Just as the slowing of declining exports from China to the U.S. was read as a turn-around. Nope. Not an up-tick...just a slowing. If the exports reached zero, no further slowing of the decline would be anticipated, would it? A slowing isn't an up-tick. Just a smaller monthly decline. As the percentage of over-all exports decrease, the percentages of the decrease will be less every month. There is less of a beginning data base to decrease from.
Ditto unemployment rates.
Read the data by ideology...and interpretations will be off every time.
Financial markets will do just fine...until the underlying real economy and ideological nonsense can no longer support the ideological bubble. Then CRASH. Financial markets can't operate independently of the real economy forever.... any more than they did in the Panic of 1893 or in the Great Depression. The Bernanke Market, fed by the Fed through the banking/financial industry is just another bubble. Bubbles pop.
\
How they missed that we were undergoing domestic deflation and" real economy" slow down at home while the dollar was inflating abroad is totally beyond me. It stuck out like a sore thumb.
Retired Monk
"...is a disease"
1. First not right wing other than what idiots think.
2. Denounced that gold was a long term investment based on the long term trend in commodities not even keeping up with inflation as even Poly stated else...what an idiot.
3. I did not state that the economy was projected for on-going prosperity. I only questioned the gloom and doomers without them providing a mechanism for these market failures and none would provide the clues. Otherwise I would have researched it more.
4. Don't remember anything about inventories and it is obvious that growing inventories for business is not a good sign. So I would have not stated it was positive.
5. Not even correct only said that at some day it was going down. The same underlying problems according to Poly is still there. Does that mean Poly thinks we are set for another depression?
6. If the idiot Poly had read godknows posts, he said exactly what Poly is stating. He is like a sophist that thinks their thoughts are more important than others. He just wants to argue with conservatives instead of discussing issues.
7. Now he comes up with his theory after the fact. He never once talked about inflation/deflation indicators.
Labels: Poly the Disease, Thom's Loonies

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home